Do you have a lot of body hair? Irrespective of your gender, then, it is not something that you’d like to go on with. However, you can’t blame anyone for this. It is your genetics that has contributed to your body hair. However, instead of sitting back and dwelling on it, you need to look for a solution. So, what do you think? Is there any solution available? Of course, there is. Have you heard of waxing?
However, waxing is a very traditional yet very effective process of removing unwanted body hair. Earlier, the process of waxing used to be quite painful. However, with new kinds of chemicals and various other kinds of instruments available, the process has become much smoother. At the same time, modern-day waxing materials can remove even the smallest hair from your body. So, have you ever tried waxing? If you have, in that case, have you ever noticed any sort of irritation or rash developing on your skin? If that is what you have experienced, then there’s nothing to worry about. This is a very common phenomenon. However, this is not something you want. Having done waxing, you want your skin to be smooth. Also, it should be void of any sort of irritations. This is where certain post-waxing care techniques come into the picture.
Things that you need to take care
After completing he is waxing, there are a couple of important things which you need to look into. There are certain do’s and don’ts which you need to take care of. In the following section, you’ll be offered a brief insight into some of them.
Post waxing don’ts
Here are certain things that you need to take care of during the post waxing.
- Don’t touch the skin: Once the waxing is done, the surface of your skin is covered with natural oils, you should allow this oil to settle down so that it can be absorbed by the pores. If you touch the skin, you might disturb the process.
- Avoid using skin products immediately: Often it is seen that immediately after waxing is done, people tend to apply drying or oily skin products on their skin. This is not recommended. These kinds of skin products can clog the open pores of your skin and might result in bumps. As a result, it can cause irritations.
- Don’t apply force on ingrown hairs: After the waxing is done, if you find that there are certain ingrown hairs that are left behind, you must not try to force them out. Leave them for at least 48 hours and then exfoliate the area softly. Later, it would be a good idea to apply some antiseptic cream to that section.
Post waxing Dos
There are certain post-waxing do’s which you need to take care of. There as follows.
- Post-depilatory Lotions: Once you’re done, it is very important for you to make sure that you apply post-depilatory lotions to your skin. This will help you to keep the surface smooth and prevent any sort of rashes or irritations from occurring.
- Cold compresses: It is also very important for you to apply cold compresses on the waxed area, as it would help to get relief from the burning sensation.
- Hydrocortisone Creams: It is also recommended to use Hydrocortisone Creams after the waxing is done. It would help to prevent any sort of inflammation from occurring.
You need to understand that your skin is the most sensitive organ in your body. Therefore, when you are waxing, you are applying an external force to bring about certain changes on your skin. Hence, you need to be extra careful to ensure that such force does not cause any sort of damage to your skin. This is where the post-waxing phase becomes so important.