I mean, who doesn’t love a little something sweet to satisfy their taste buds? Sugar can be cruel but at the same time tempting and addictive, basically irresistible. It is found in almost and every food that we eat daily. Sugar has multiple side effects when overconsumption happens, but it provides undeniable health benefits and makes you feel emotionally good.
There are two types of sugar, processed and natural sugars. Processed sugar has bittersweet side effects on our bodies. For example, it would spike up our blood sugar levels fast and also drop them even faster with an increase of sudden energy.
Cutting down the intake of sugar or cutting it out of our diet, will likely decrease the risk of heart disease, inflammation, ability to focus, and boost energy levels.
It’s definitely a hard task and difficult to stop our daily sugar consumption as we experience symptoms when sobering up, like, grumpiness, anxiety, depression, etc. Controlling our sugar intake to 9.5 teaspoons per day will do wonders for our health and body.
Here are some health benefits that are seen when sugar is cut down,
- The risk of heart disease will reduce by three times.
- Inflammation leading to skin problems will clear up.
- Decrease the risk level by 11 times of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and also any pigmentation related to aging.
- It improves sleep patterns and reduces insomnia.
- Lose in excess weight and unwanted fat.
- Improves memory.
- Oral health will improve and prevent bad breathes caused by cavities.
You don’t necessarily need to quit sugar for good as sugar is something we need in our bodies. But reducing the intake can bring exponential health benefits.