With the advancement of time and technology, the best practices change, so does the field of human resources. If you wish to work efficiently and effectively while going through the process of hiring strong candidates and hold on to the best employees, you ought to keep with the latest technology and innovations.
This article shows you the top 11 HR Trends you must know in the year 2021:
Using Artificial Intelligence
Nowadays, almost all organizations use Artificial Intelligence (AL) to ease the processes involved. One of the top HR trends is more and more involvement of AL tools for easy workflow and better efficiency in everyday lives. Visit this site for top HR recruitment agencies
Companies that acknowledge the AL technology will definitely see a reduction in the time required during the hiring process and also see significant improvement in the candidate experience. For eg: Using chat-bots to correspond to the candidates will save hours each week.
These are how AL technology can help HR professionals:
- To cross-check the education and experience of the candidates as listed on their CVs or resumes.
- To manage the employees’ performance from time to time.
- To answer the employees’ HR-related doubts and queries
- To detect any kind of misbehavior that would indicate corruption or any other type of misconduct.
Organizing Virtual Team Building
When all the employees are in different cities, states, and countries and nobody can meet each other in person, the HR professionals have to try their hands on various creative virtual team-building ideas to manage the team to bond with each other.
Companies can offer video call-based activities where they can have fun together even if they are physically not present with others. It may include virtual sessions of office Olympics or sessions of storytelling. The organization can send their employees with tea and coffee samples to taste simultaneously in a virtual hangout meet.
Automation of Tasks
The HR professionals already have a lot of work to do with a shortage of time and staff to complete it. They can indeed reduce their work by automating the following tasks:
- Billable time management
- Recruitment as well as onboarding tasks
- Managing previous records of the employees
- Managing Employee benefits
- Employee evaluations
- Documentation of Tax and other related work
The HR professionals have to make tons of decisions every week, and every decision will impact a change in the direction of the workflow of the company. They have to accept or reject candidates, select benefit plans, workspace perks, and plan events.
Using the data-driven HR strategies, they can:
- Select the candidates based on their performance, capability, skill sets, and work potential.
- Collect insights on how to engage and motivate the employees.
- Make modules on training to help the employees adapt to the work environment.
- Search for the areas of risk and provide a training process to address these issues.
Emphasis on Learning
The HR professionals should make sure that the employees are continuing their learning process. Doesn’t matter, whether it’s personal or professional, an employee who finds their HR supportive of their learning goals inculcates high respect for the HR professional. They feel much more engaged, productive and motivated.
The HR professionals can encourage the employees to take steps in the learning paths by the following strategies:
- Provide them with annual educational stipends
- Pay for anyone professional development course for every employee
- Provide paid-off time to the employees for helping them pursue their respective educational fields.
You should not rely on a day one orientation about the organization’s history. You must add elements your onboarding such as:
- The core values of your company
- The direction about where your company is heading on to
- Annual organizational goals
- The vision of the company, as stated by the CEO or other senior managers of the company.
Focus on Workspace experience
In order to achieve a better employee experience, HR professionals must start focusing on the following elements:
- Purpose: They must help the employees to find meaning and purpose in their work.
- Autonomy: The HR professionals must try giving the employees more than how, when, and where they work in order to provide them with better exposure to their field of work.
- Belonging: Different ways must be inculcated to include remote and freelance employees, and also those who are of different generations, ethnicities, gender identities, etc.
In search of the best talents, many HR professionals are hiring freelancers as well as independent contractors as and when required. They are trying to turn to an open workforce. These trends are filling the skill gap in in-house existing teams and also helps in putting up with the work when the HR professionals are already facing a shortage of employees.
Improved candidate experience
This is one of the biggest trends. This includes improving the candidates’ performance during the process of recruitment. The HR professionals of the company are already fighting and struggling to search for the best of skilled employees.
Nowadays, HR professionals focus on simple resumes. Candidates who might be busy building up a heavy resume have a very high possibility of missing out on potential companies
Pre- Employment Assessments over resumes
Nobody now relies on the resumes and cover letters of the individuals to determine their stability and quality for a position. Rather, the HR professionals now provide the candidates with Pre- Employment Assessments to check the applicant’s skill sets and potential to work for the company.
The HR professionals create assessments for open positions, including:
- Skills tests: This will test the candidate on certain skills and tasks required for the position
- Personality tests: This will uncover personality traits of the candidate to see if the candidate would fit well in the position, the team, and the company
- Aptitude tests: This will test the candidate on skills that apply to every position It may include problem-solving, critical thinking, ability to learn
Everyone now prefers to find a job over the internet and apply directly to it rather than wait. Hence, a mobile-friendly website is one of the most important trends to be followed by HR professionals. This will also make the process of hiring easier for the HR professionals as they could communicate directly through the screen.